Friday, May 31, 2013

Day 148

I woke up at 6:30 a.m. on this 148th Day of  The Red Shoe Project.  My bags were packed and my RED shoes were snug on my feet as I prepared to head out to the airport.



As I awaited the arrival of my taxi, I buttoned up Ziva's RED blazer.
I dare not travel in anything else, for she gave this to me sacrificially, declaring that is annointed!  Some would think that a bit overly dramatic, but beyond the drama is a very wise woman of God who lives a life separated unto the Lord. She is whole-heartedly sold out to God's call on her life and I feel safe and secure in her Ruby Red coat!


It always reminds me that I am truly loved, not only by her, but by the women of the "Bonfire Bible Study Group" that we attend on Tuesday mornings.  "The Bonfire"  is a firey group of Christian women who love applying the Word of God to their everyday life.  Their thoughts and prayers have strengthened me in my two weeks abroad, and God only knows what else they have accomplished in their whispers to God on my behalf.


I am truly thankful for their love and faithfulness.
Their friendship makes it easy to return home.

I am here now, en route, via plane from Edinburgh, Scotland to London, England. Sis and I are not seated together.  I am in Coach, seat 43C, and a bit of a mess, (leaking again),  as I consider the greatness of God's blessing bestowed on me in the way of Love and Friendship.  God is so good.  I am quite the wealthy woman!  I'll take that over 1st class seating any day!



I know that some might think that's just a cliche... an over spiritualization perhaps.  But no... as I sit in my little,  average seat,  my heart is FULL.   It's full of love.  Not only that, I can feel the love.  It's powerful!  It's overwhelming!  It's warm and  it's wonderful!  That's something that money can't buy. And I'm all the richer for it!

My mother will be awaiting a call when I arrive in the states.  No matter what her age - and no matter what my age -  she always keeps me in her heart and prayers.  She is a good mom.  She is a generous mom.  And I love her.


My girls are no doubt anxious for my return.  I love them, much as my mom loves me.  There will be hugs and much conversation.  There's a lot of catching up to do.  Perhaps Pauly will be sitting at the window when I arrive.

And then there's Bonnie.  She will be picking me up at the airport, anxiously awaiting my safe arrival.  Oh how I have missed my coffee shop visits with her -  the ones where the angels watch over us as we discuss the plans of God.  LOL.  We will need some time together to exchange stories, encouraging words, and prayers with one another.  She is a soul-sister,  a true friend and a spiritual mentor.  She continually covers me in prayer, and I am forever thankful to God for her!


Time to power down for awhile.
Before I know it, I will be back
in the USA in RED shoes!

-- Gail

"In everything give thanks
for this is the will of God
in Christ Jesus concerning you."
1 Thessalonians 5:18

No comments:

Post a Comment