Thursday, May 30, 2013

Day 147


Day 147 of The Red Shoe Project has me in comfortable RED walking shoes touring the city of Edinburgh, Scotland.  Our walking tour has covered several miles of Scotland's capital city, and no matter where we seem to stop, en route, we can see Edinburgh Castle sitting high above the land.  "What a stronghold!"  my sister commented.   Yes... it is truly a picture of Strength, Power and Protection.  It reminds me of the hymn penned by Martin Luther...

"A Mighty Fortress is our God
A Bulwark never failing..."


Bulwark - a defensive wall, a barricade, a fortification.

Fortress - a heavily protected and impenetrable building.

Impenetrable - impossible to pass through.


The Psalmist stated...


"Truly He is my rock and my salvation;
He is my fortress, I will never be shaken".
Psalm 62:6


Stronghold - a place that has been fortified or strengthened so as to protect it against attack.

"He is my loving God and my fortress, 
my stronghold and my deliverer, my shield, 
in whom I take refuge, 
who subdues peoples under me."
Psalm 144:2



Fortification - a defensive wall or other reinforcement build to strengthen a place against attack.


King Solomon noted:

"The Name of the Lord is a fortified tower
The righteous run into and are safe".
Proverbs 18:10




"The LORD is a refuge for the oppressed, 

a stronghold in times of trouble."
Psalm 9:9


At the end of the day, I look down at my worn out RED shoes.  My feet are tired.  My spirit is weary.  I think it's time to climb into The Word of God.  I know that I will find the Name of the Lord in that place.  I will find strength and security.  I will find protection from the onslaught of the enemy. Like Edinburgh Castle, I am safe there.

I'm just a soldier, like you, 
 in a battle not so different from yours, 
only I'm wearing RED shoes.
Perhaps you should consider them as a part of your uniform? 

Gail











No comments:

Post a Comment