Sunday, August 18, 2013

Day 231

It's Day 231 of  The Red Shoe Project and I've been up and about in RED shoes since 6 a.m.  I want give a shout out of  "THANKS!"  to all of you who have been tuning in to this mini-series on "Hearing God's Voice."  I've never had so many technical difficulties than I have these past few days while getting these specific messages posted.  They have taken hours longer to put together, and twice I have completely lost them right as I was posting, and had to re-write them from memory.  I'm trusting that the re-writes are better than the originals.

It seems the enemy is  trying his best to discourage me.  But I will not be discouraged!  A dear friend of mine just preached a message last week on
"Don't sit down and align yourself with discouragement!"
I called her today, told her what happened and asked her to pray me through this series.  Her words, to me, were this:  "You must be on the verge of a breakthrough!"  I'm totally embracing that!  I believe that it's not just a breakthrough of sorts for me, but that...

It's a Breakthrough 
FOR YOU!


I know that God wants to bring VICTORY in many of our lives, especially in the area of communication with Him.  He wants to have better connections with his children -- deeper, more intimate relationships.  I also know this...

 The devil hates it when Believers 
start fasting, looking for God 
and listening for His voice.

No worries... We are in this together.  Know that I am continually lifting you up in prayer, before the throne of God!  I have no doubts that God is speaking to many of you on this particular topic.  I know, because you've told me so!  Be encouraged!

Today, Let's take a look at a the...

 #2  Hindrance in Hearing God's Voice:
Unforgiveness!


If you take:  Unforgiveness,  Resentment,  
Bitterness,  Anger, Harboring Bad Feelings,  
Holding Grudges,  Unresolved Conflicts and Hatred
and put them all together, you get  
 -- A Garbage Dump --
a stinky, smelly, putrid, foul smelling, decaying mess! 


No one wants to have a conversation while sitting in the middle of a land fill... including God.  He makes it clear that we are to take care of those issues before coming to Him.  

"And when you stand praying, 
if you hold anything against anyone, 
forgive them, so that your Father
in heaven may forgive you."
Mark 11:25


"Therefore, if you are offering your gift at the altar 
and there remember that your brother or sister has 
something against you, leave your gift there in front 
of the altar.  First go and be reconciled to them; 
then come and offer your gift. "
Matthew 5:23-24

Several times over the last year, I have been in conversations with people who have had difficulty hearing God's voice.  One of the first questions I always ask is, "Are you holding on to unforgiveness?  Are you harboring resentment towards anyone?"  I've found that most people don't understand the severity of those things.  And it's not just about hindering ones ability to hear God's voice.  It's so much worse.  Unforgiveness brings about anxiety, disease and death!  It will tear you apart physically, emotionally and spiritually.  

Unforgiveness puts you in bondage. 
You become a SLAVE to it! 
 Like chains of steel, it wraps itself 
around you until you can't move a muscle.  



The Good News is...
Jesus can set you FREE from it!

If this is the obstacle that's holding you back from Hearing God's Voice,  it's time to focus your attention on rectifying this so that you can move forward.  Keep in mind, you don't have to be holding resentment towards everybody, you just have to be holding resentment towards somebody.  That's right... just ONE case puts you in this category.  

Now I'm not going to pretend that forgiving is easy... or that you can resolve everything in a day.  But START today!  With God's help,  you can do this!  A quick trip to Google or YouTube and you'll have more messages on Unforgiveness than you need.  Start there.  Choose your favorite minister and listen up.  Then take action... even if it's one baby step at a time.   Don't let this stand in the way of you Hearing God's Voice.  Perhaps the first thing you'll hear from Him is "Well Done!"

Your Breakthrough Awaits!
In Red shoes, 
Gail

No comments:

Post a Comment