Monday, July 1, 2013

Day 182

Day 182 marks the half way point of The Red Shoe Project.  I was found in RED shoes visiting Harvest Tabernacle for their morning church service.  It's always a time of refreshing in this special place of ministry.  The worship is great.  The atmosphere is electrifying.  God's presence is there.  A good word is always preached!

Between the worship and the preaching of the word, Harvest takes up an offering.  I love their offering time.  Everyone stands up and holds their envelope in the air.  They repeat together, 


"I'm planting good seed, in good soil, 
and expecting a good  return!"


This was the first time in a long time that I didn't have any money to put in the offering.  Usually I will search my bag for something to give.  Even if it's just a dollar,  I want to plant a seed into that soil!  But today, I didn't even have a dollar to give.  Nothing!  

That's okay because God knows my situation.  I have been faithful all this time in tithing on every dollar that has come into my hands.  I've even given out over and above that.  Sometimes money will come in that's not enough to pay off one of my bills, so I just sow it into someone else's life.  That way, it will return in greater fashion and then perhaps cover one of my personal needs.

"Give, and it will be given to you.
A good measure, pressed down,
shaken together and running over,
will be poured into your lap.
For with the measure you use, 
it will be measured to you."
Luke 6:38

Everyone in our row, stood up to head out into the aisle and present their gifts in the offering boxes at the front. I stayed behind this time.  It was a little awkward at first, but I closed my eyes and had a lovely little chat with God in my head.  Just then someone slipped by me.  She tucked a check in my hand and told me that God had been talking to her this morning in prayer and asked her to give this to me.  Her gift came with a word.  She encouraged me in my walk with the Lord, stating that...

Today was a "turning point"
 in my ministry. 
God had told her that...
 the latter things (the days ahead) 
would be greater than 
the former things (the days just past).
  Prepare for God's blessing!  



I thanked her and she shuffled away quietly.  I took a quick glance at the check and put it in my purse.  It was quite a large amount.  It would pay off everything completely that needed to be paid through June 30th and more.  Amazing, isn't it?  God had come through at the last minute with flying colors.  He is faithful!

It wasn't until I got home, that I realized that it was, in fact, the last day of the month, and that it being Day 182, it was the exact midpoint of this Red Shoe Project.  I thought about the word my sister-in-Christ delivered to me.  Today truly was a "turning point" in this writing endeavor of my ministry.  There are 182 days behind me and 182 days in front of me.  She stated that there is great blessing ahead.   Hallelujah!   I receive that good word!  


Yet, even so, I realize that I am 
already blessed beyond measure!  

Though many of these "former" 182 days have had their challenges, God has been with me.  I don't have to look back far, but one page,  to see the blessings of God in my life.  And as I flip through the first half of this Red Shoe Project manuscript,  I notice that as I have popped on my RED shoes, day in and day out, every one of those days has been touched by God.  With that...

 I am continually reaping the harvest 
of the seeds I've sown.  

Thank you Lord for your faithfulness!  

Moving into the second half with gusto,
Gail

No comments:

Post a Comment