Monday, July 1, 2013

Day 180

Day 180 of  The Red Shoe Project has provided sunny skies as I head out in RED sneakers for my morning prayer walk.  It's nearing the end of the month.  That's always the most trying time when it comes to this "living by faith."  Why?  Because I'm ever so mindful of the bills that haven't been paid yet.   Remembering the parable of the  Persistent Neighbor,  (Luke 11:5-8),  I reminded God of my financial need.  Luke 11:5b says...

"...  yet because of his persistence,  
he will get up and give him as much as he needs. "


"Persistent"  means... 
  • persevering -- never giving up
  • determined -- insistent on
  • purposeful -- it's for a reason
  • indefatigable -- not growing weary of

As I power-walked along the road,  I verbally listed my unpaid bills and their amounts to the Lord.  I wasn't feeling so powerful.  Instead, I found myself getting rather emotional.  And then it struck me...

I was begging God to provide!

Woe!  Hold it right there.  I stopped and bowed my head.  "Forgive me Lord!"  I know better.


Begging my Father for the provision that He has specifically promised me, is not His will.


He's my Daddy and He totally loves me.  Begging is not only wrong, it's a sign of my lack of assurance.  Yes, He wants me to ASK,  but He also wants me to TRUST  that He will follow through on His promises.  

"Trust" means... 
  • assurance
  • having confidence
  • believing
  • faith

When I started The Red Shoe Project, the Lord specifically asked me to trust Him implicitly to provide for my financial needs.  That is not easy!  It sounds so spiritual... "living by faith", but trust me, it's a challenge!  With that said, it's almost six months.  Six months?  How have I made it this far?  

God has provided!

His name is  "Faithful!"   
(Revelation 19:11)

I am a work in progress.  That means I'm learning!  I have found that there is definitely a grace that has been poured out on me for this divine request.  As challenging as it is, I have gotten better at it with each passing month.  I am more patient in my waiting.  I am confidently trusting in greater measure.  I'm not dwelling so much on how God is going to do it.  Instead, I focus my mind on other things like being about my Father's business.  I also ask Him to provide each month, because He's told me to do it that way.


"... Ask and it will be given to you."
 Luke 11:9.


Humbly, I am learning to receive from God through others.  That is much more difficult than you may think.
It's a hard test to pass -- to graciously receive from the hands of others.


2 Corinthians 12:9 says...

"'My grace is sufficient for you, 
for my power is made perfect in weakness.'
Therefore I will boast all the more gladly
about my weaknesses, so that Christ's 
power may rest on me."

Why is this lesson so important?  I trust that God has a plan for me and that this is part of it.  Meanwhile, I have been ever so grateful to so many "Rubies"  that have unknowingly answered my secret prayers to God.  Earlier this month, someone slipped a check in my hands that paid my car insurance for the month and bought me groceries.  A dear couple, for my birthday, supplied me with a much needed pair of front tires for my car. Other friends have treated me for coffee, lunch or dinner, not knowing that their invitations are the only times I eat so extravagantly these days. Even still, a prayer warrior at Mama Fire's slipped me a gift that paid for my car registration and my water bill for the month. 

Don't you dare feel sorry for me!  For in return for my obedience, God is blessing me beyond measure.  I am becoming the Woman of God I am destined to be!  That is the true desire of my heart!  I share this only because I have pledged to God, and to you, my readers -- my "Rubies,"  that I will be transparent in this 365 day project in RED shoes.  

Without a doubt,
there's a price to pay
for the mantle that God
places on the shoulders
of His servant.


One day, I'll look back on this manuscript of The Red Shoe Project  and that price will be evident.  For now, I keep walking forward.  I don't have time to sit down and think about it all -- to wonder why God asks this or that -- or figure out what exactly He's doing.  Even when it comes to things that don't quite make sense,  I've got to keep moving forward.  I know, by faith, it will all come together in the end.

Thank you, dear Rubies, for your love... for your encouraging words,  your generosity and your prayers.  Know that they are a blessing to me!  May God reward you for your kindness.

Gail 
The gal in RED shoes
who's not just looking for God, 
but following after Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment