Sunday, June 2, 2013

Day 152

Day 152 of  The Red Shoe Project has me running around the house in RED shoes, looking on shelves, between books and under papers.  Someone sent me something that's of utmost importance.  It's been confirmed that it was delivered and received. So where is it?  I can't find it anywhere!   I know it's here, somewhere.  It's probably right in front of my nose and I just can't see it. For all I know, I could be sitting on it, and don't even know it.  LOL.  


My friend Tam said the same thing happened
to her just the other day.  She couldn't, for the
life of her, find her glasses.
  Her husband told her,  "They're right on the table."  She looked and looked and couldn't find them.  Finally, she put her contacts in, to find her glasses.  LOL.  Yup, there they were, right on the table where her husband said they were.  She said she looked there several times, but she was blind to them.  They blended right in with the table and she couldn't see them. But now, with her contacts in place,  there they were!

A few months ago, a friend had decided that he, too, needed a visual reminder to look for  God each day.  He didn't have RED shoes, but his dad had given him a beautiful family heirloom - a men's gold ring with a big purple stone in it.  It was more extravagant than his normal, everyday fashion, but all the better.  It would stand out and capture his attention time and time again, to look for God.  Only thing was, after a few days, he lost the ring.  He couldn't find it anywhere.  It was gone.  He was so upset when he told me, but I had this strange feeling.  I told him, " I don't believe you lost it!  I think it's still in your possession.  You just can't see it.  Let's pray that God will bring it to the surface so that you can find it!"   We prayed.  Several weeks went by.  Then one day, when the ring was almost completely  forgotten about , the man noticed something on the floor of his closet.  He bent down to pick it up.  It was the ring!  It had been there all along, but now he could see it.

That reminds me of a time when I was lost...  separated from God.  I was blind to spiritual things.  I didn't think God existed.  I thought God was an idea... something that weak people needed, like a crutch, to help them through life.  I didn't need that!  I didn't need Him!  I was going to make it on my own.  But I kept ending up, time and time again, in these dark, lonely places.  One day, I got tired of the darkeness.  I got tired of being lonely.   So, as a last resort,  I asked the God, (that I didn't believe existed), if He was real.  My spiritual eyes were opened.  I was found!   I was born again.  And to think, here I am thirty years later, wearing RED shoes each day, looking for God, for a living.  LOL!
Truly, God has such a sense of humor.

So many times, I've lost my keys.  It's time to take off to an appointment and  "Ooops, Where's my keys?"  After looking in all the common places and coming up empty,  I've stopped everything, bowed my head, and asked God to help me find my keys.  Next thing I know, I'm distracted by something.  I end up in another room.  I see something out of place and go to move it.  I open a miscellaneous drawer... whatever... there they are,  The Keys!  They're in the most unusual place.  I had forgotten I was even looking for them.  They just surfaced.

God is really good at bringing things to the light.  So once again, I'm praying for Him to bring this most important gift to the surface where I can see it.  I desperately need His help!   Please pray with me!

Looking at my Ruby Reds and believing for a miracle!
Gail

No comments:

Post a Comment