Sunday, May 5, 2013

Today was Day 125 of  The Red Shoe Project.  I found myself wearing comfortable RED shoes, and once again, visiting Harvest Tabernacle, and enjoying the ministry there with my dear friends Carolyn and Jim.  I'm never disappointed when I stop in there because God is always vibrantly present. I saw Him in the Worship.  I saw Him in the Word.  Not to mention the fact that several people testified of His Saving, Delivering, and Healing Power in their personal lives.  

I was reminded that we serve a Living God who connects with people, here and now! 
Why, oh why do so many settle for Religion?  
It's empty.  It's boring.  And it's dead.  
Why did I ever settle for it?  Because it's easy.  
Religion is easy.  
Relationship is challenging.  
But I'm in for a daily challenge.  A relationship with The Living God provides  Life,  Adventure, and  Fullness.  It's worth the effort!

After service, I joined my friends, Carolyn and Jim for lunch.  Carolyn is an accomplished artist.  She's the one who loves to collage.  Because of that, I was reminded of my Sozo meeting last week.  While in my prayer circle (at Sozo),  God revealed to me lies that I had come to believe were truth.  The whole point of Sozo is to sever those deceiving entanglements and release them to God.   Each time I did that,  I asked The Holy Spirit what He was giving me to replace it.  Whatever picture I saw in my mind, I spoke out loud and one of the women on the ministry team wrote it down for me.  I didn't understand, at the time, what was actually happening.   

It wasn't until later, long after 
the Sozo meeting was over,  
that I realized I had a list of 
promised treasures from the Lord. 

 I say all this, now, because I spent yesterday and today, collaging those treasures on Pinterest. I found pictures that matched my list and collected them on a board entitled, 

"God's Gifts to Me"


It's like my own treasury of
Crown Jewels.

That collage includes:
  • a rushing river
  • a pile of diamonds 
  • a field of pansies
  • the truth that "All Things are Possible!"
  • an orchestra
  • a monarch butterfly
  • a big red heart
  • white snow, freshly fallen over the earth
  • lilacs
  • my ability to see the angel that watches over my son
  • a waterfall of The Glory of God
  • a victory dance
  • the revelation that there are angels all around fighting on my behalf
  • a snowplow filled with ice and snow, taking away what was blocking the flow of trust and belief
  • broken handcuffs replaced by pouring rain
  • a powerful wind blowing lies off the clothes line
  • a jar of wishes, hopes and dreams
  • freedom, opportunity and life
  • a box of chocolates
  • children running amongst my feet
  • a gold wedding ring
  • a pure, fresh cotton bulb in bloom, still on the stem
  • a basket of fresh picked berries
  • a purse filled with gold coins
  • a closed book on past relationships
  • a spotlessly cleaned room
  • an open window with fresh air flowing in
  • a treasure chest of gold coins and jewels. 
  • extensive wheat fields with an endless harvest
  • divine power through The Holy Spirit
  • the peacefulness of a clear lake in the early morning


As I look down, this evening, at my 
worn but wonderful Ruby slippers,
I am thankful for the magic that God 
brings into my life each day.
I am also thankful for my "You,"  
my readers,  my  "Rubies."
I treasure the fact that you faithfully support The Call of God on my life by praying for me, encouraging me, and following my writing.

Love to you all,
Gail

No comments:

Post a Comment