Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Day 145

Day 145 of The Red Shoe Project finds me in comfortable RED flats, sightseeing in Scotland with my relatives.  It is a joy meeting with all of my family and hearing the stories of their lives.  Everyone has their own perspective of things, so you just have to listen to them all, and then piece it together like a big jigsaw puzzle.


Today I visited Glamis Castle. Unbelievable!  Seeing a castle in real life, touring the inner chambers and having an informative guide brings so much of history to life!  Where was this when I was studying world history?  Reading about something and experiencing it are quite different.  I am truly fascinated!

We did go back to my auntie's house later.  No, they never read any tea leaves.  I'm not sure what was said, but we just didn't go there, period.  At one point, while my aunt was making tea, I was compelled to just ask her sister,  "So, is auntie a witch?"  It was as if time stood still. You could cut the air with a knife.   Her eyes widened, as big as silver dollars, as she stared at me, unable to answer.  My sister quickly stepped in and announced rather sharply,  "You didn't want to get into that stuff, so let's end this conversation right now."  And that was it.  New topic. I later asked my sister why she did that.  She said that she felt it might cause me to be awkward around my aunt and she didn't want that.  Funny how no one thought it was awkward to have that original conversation in the first place, knowing that I am a Christian... not to mention that they didn't think it offensive to say that I could just sit in the other room, by myself, while they read fortunes.  Really?  LOL. 


At any rate, there was no room given for discussion of the occult or debate of any sort, and that was it.   Case closed...  unless God ever decides to re-open it.  That's not for me to decide.  And I'm okay with that.  It's funny,  cause after that all happened, there was an immediate BREAK in the atmosphere.  I'm not quite sure what happened, but from that point on there was a complete liberty to just love my aunties without reservation.   I can speculate all I want on the state of things - where people are at spiritually, but that's not my job.  God is the one who examines and knows every man's heart.  I trust that, regardless of how it all rolled out, God is in full control. 

In the meantime, I am so very thankful for the prayers my dear friends and "rubies." They have lifted me up continuously while I've been away.  I have needed those prayers!  They have carried me from day to day.  Some  of you even managed to get little messages of love and encouragement to me by email and face book.  Of course, I received them at precisely the right time in which they were needed most!

Even more than that... as I think back to today's tour of the castle,  I am reminded that I am a child of The Most High King.  Daily,  the Father has been faithful at telling me how much  He loves me.  His messages sometimes come at morning prayer.  Other times they are just dropped into my heart and mind, randomly and quite unexpectedly... but they are always greatly welcomed!  I love Him. And this RED Shoe Project  has been an unexpected blessing to me.  It has me looking for and recording all of what He is doing in and around me each day.  WOW!  He's really quite active in my life!  

What about you?  Are you looking?  Are you recording?  There's a blessing right here just for you.  We call it  "Low hanging fruit."  All you have to do is reach up and  pick it.  It's right there.  There's no difficulty involved...  No ladder or stretching required.  

If not, perhaps you'll give it a go today.  Just follow me down the Yellow Brick Road of Life.  I'm the one in the Ruby Slippers.

Gail

No comments:

Post a Comment